Zingiber officinale (dried ginger root)
Species: Z. officinale
Binomial name: Zingiber officinale
English name: ginger
Nepali name: Aduwa
Trade name: ginger root
Parts used: fresh & dried root
Chemical constituents: Main constituents are sesquiterpenoids, with (−)-zingiberene as the main component. Smaller amounts of other sesquiterpenoids (β-sesquiphellandrene, bisabolene, and farnesene) and a small monoterpenoid fraction (β-phelladrene, cineol, and citral). The pungent taste of ginger is due to nonvolatile phenylpropanoid-derived compounds, particularly gingerols and shogaols, which form from gingerols when ginger is dried or cooked. Zingerone is also produced from gingerols during this process; this compound is less pungent and has a spicy-sweet aroma.
Nepal is third largest country in ginger production and export business. Himalayan dried ginger is cultivated in the Himalayan district land of Mid-west and Eastern Nepal. It is mostly used as a food spice.Dried is made of dried roots of ginger plant. After washing the fresh root of ginger it is cut into various slices and make it dry in the sun light.
It has been used in traditional medicine to relieve gastrointestinal distress. It reduces symptoms closely related to motion sickness which includes nausea and cold sweats, dizziness and vomiting. Gingerols in dried ginger have very powerful anti-inflammatory properties Ginger tea can be made by adding a pinch of dried ginger to a cup of boiling water. This will help treat digestive disorders. Alternatively, the powder can be added to a cup of tea to make it more palatable.
- Ginger root is a light brown-colored medicinal spice that is grown underground. It is commonly used as a spice in cooking. Ginger is used as a home remedy for several diseases due to the variety of minerals and vitamins within it.
- It is rich in potassium. It also has a good amount of minerals like iron, magnesium, calcium, and phosphorus. Ginger also has a small amount of iron, sodium, zinc, manganese, and selenium.
- Ginger root contains vitamin E, A, and vitamin C. It also contains folate and choline.
- 100 grams of ginger has 347 calories, while the calories from fat are 50.
- Ginger root is beneficial for its anti-inflammatory, carminative, anti-flatulent, and anti-microbial properties.
- It contains health benefiting essential oils such as gingerol, zingerone, shogaol, farnesene, and small amounts of ß-phelladrene, cineol, and citral. Gingerols help improve the intestinal motility and have been anti-inflammatory, painkiller (analgesic), nerve soothing, anti-pyretic as well as anti-bacterial properties which may decrease nausea induced by motion sickness or pregnancy and may help relieve migraine headache.
- Zingerone compound which gives pungent character to the ginger root is effective against E.coli induced diarrhea, especially for children.
- Ginger root only has 80 calories per 100 g and contains no cholesterol. Nonetheless, it composes many essential nutrients and vitamins such as pyridoxine (vitamin B-6), pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5) that are required for optimum health.
- Ginger root also holds good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, and magnesium.
Nepalese dried ginger is used in traditional medicine to relieve gastrointestinal distress. It reduces symptoms closely related to motion sickness which includes nausea and cold sweats, dizziness and vomiting. Gingerols in dried ginger have very powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Clinical studies have shown that many people suffering from osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis experienced decrease in their level of pain after consuming ginger regularly. Ginger can promote sweating which can help lower body temperature, helpful when treating colds and flues.
Ginger tea can be made by adding a pinch of dried ginger to a cup of boiling water. This will help treat digestive disorders. Alternatively, the powder can be added to a cup of tea to make it more palatable.
It is packaged in wooden jointed boxes, jute bags, baskets or chip baskets in different sizes and quantity. We also offer buyers’ customized designs as per the mode of shipment and delivery.